LIVERPOOL BUSINESS SCHOOL
EUROPEAN BUSINESS PRACTICE BUSAE2042
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
Answer any TWO of the four questions.
- How were the Single European Market programme ("l 992") and the relevant provisions of the Treaty of Maastricht intended to create an environment favourable to business, especially for SMEs? *
- SMEs, like large companies, need appropriate strategic marketing plans for successful international operations - analyse the primary components of such plans and the considerations which underpin them.
- Various public and semi-public support agencies attempt to help SMEs compensate
for the latter's inherent disadvantages. Analyse the contribution of the main such agencies within the U.K.
- Taking the three main European countries on the module as illustrative, analyse the theoretical and practical implications for SMEs of entering those markets.
* Small-and Medium-sized Enterprises.